Join the Children’s Bureau and the Capacity Building Center for States for the Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2023, Recruit, Retain, and Support: Strategies for Strengthening the Child Welfare Workforce. Visit the CWVE website to learn more!
With a stable, supported, and diverse workforce, child welfare agencies can provide the services children, young people, families, and communities need. The 2023 CWVE will focus on how child welfare agencies are addressing today’s unique workforce challenges and adapting to recruit and retain child welfare professionals. Join us to hear directly from states and jurisdictions, learn concrete strategies, and explore innovative practices to strengthen your child welfare workforce and design equitable workplaces.
At CWVE 2023, you and your colleagues will be able to:
- Explore the root causes and discuss the crucial problems and challenges associated with child welfare recruitment and retention
- Identify strategies that states and agencies have used to address these challenges in their jurisdictions, including evidence-based practices, recruitment campaigns, and legislative action, and hear about opportunities to engage lived expertise to attract and maintain a diverse workforce
- Examine the critical role of anti-racist strategies and tools in supporting successful onboarding and training that attract and maintain a diverse workforce
- Access resources and practical tools that child welfare agencies can use to improve practices and activities around worker recruitment and retention
- Connect with peers and subject matter experts in child welfare workforce recruitment and retention
Join individually or as a group to support shared learning! Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn strategies to strengthen your child welfare workforce, network with peers and experts, and gain tools to improve recruitment and retention practices.
Space at CWVE 2023 is limited. Register now and reserve your virtual seat to participate as an individual or participate as a team and learn together.