Stress is something we all experience in our personal and professional lives. But when stress is severe or prolonged (or both), it can impact our physical and mental health in major ways. Learn practical tips to manage distress to avoid career burnout and discuss effective ways to cope with a licensed therapist.
Deciding to share information about mental health is a personal decision that often has to be made more than once. Discuss what factors to consider when making the decision and how to make the disclosure when the time feels right.
Each year, the Coalition for Juvenile Justice (CJJ) hosts a national conference focused on improving juvenile justice and delinquency prevention systems, services, practices, and policies. Last year, more than 500 juvenile justice practitioners and advocates from across the U.S. and its territories joined together for this unique event. The theme of this year’s conference is “CJJ’s 40th Anniversary: Engaging Youth to Turn Passion into Policy.” This conference will focus on the latest research, developments, and challenges facing our field today. Specifically:
- How, as partners, do we reshape and ensure passage of the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act?
- How do we authentically engage youth and families with lived experiences and elevate their voices (i.e. in system transformation and SAG engagement)?
- How can we restructure current policies and practices to ensure young people receive appropriate services and supports?
- How can systems collaborate with one another to more holistically address young people’s needs?
- How can we provide trauma-responsive care for children and youth?