Join other child-serving professionals to create a plan of action for preventing child sexual abuse of youth in your care. Learn the signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse, mandated reporter and stakeholder responsibilities. Identify strengths and weaknesses of current prevention practices, and develop an action plan, using the Strategic Prevention Dashboard, for your organization. This course is open to all members of child serving organizations such as preschool, after-school care, summer camps, church groups, athletic associations or others responsible for the care of minors.
Register by Jan 8, 2023. For information concerning continuing education units, please view our policies page.
February 7 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern
February 8 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern
You will have a one hour lunch at 12:30 pm each day.
To receive a certificate, you must actively participate, complete the entire training and an evaluation and the end of class.
- What’s In It For You
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Identify signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse
- Identify community stakeholders and define their roles in preventing child sexual abuse
- Define Mandated Reporter and their legal and ethical responsibilities
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of stakeholder current prevention practices
- Create an action plan to improve the prevention of child sexual abuse within your organization/agency (internally) and throughout your community (externally)
- Is This Training For You?
- Community Corrections Officer
- Court System Personnel
- Emergency Management
- Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Support
- Social Workers
- Tribes/Tribal Partners
- Victim Service Providers