CWLA is pleased to announce a new three-part, virtual training series that features the publication Working with Traumatized Children – A Handbook for Healing. Now in its third edition, Working with Traumatized Children has been updated to include new strategies and approaches for caregivers and others responsible for meeting the needs of children who are vulnerable.
Participants will gain a strengthened capacity to:
- Define what trauma is and differentiate it from stress
- Provide examples of trauma symptoms in children and adults
- Describe how trauma can impact children’s brains
- Advocate for the provision of safe environments when working with children and adults who have been affected by trauma
- Provide examples of how systems can be traumatizing or retraumatize people
- Explain the importance of understanding the vagus nerve when working with families and children who have been affected by trauma
- Express why self-reflective practices and supervision are important when working with this population
Training registrants will receive an electronic copy of Working with Traumatized Children, Companion Workbook which supplements the virtual training sessions. Training registrants are also eligible to receive a 30% discount on the purchase of hard copies of Working with Traumatized Children – A Handbook for Healing, Third Edition and Working with Traumatized Children, Companion Workbook. Use promo code WWTC-30 in CWLA’s Bookstore.
Training Dates and Times: Each of the three (3) training sessions will be held for two (2) hours, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Eastern Time, on Thursday, November 2, 2023; Thursday, November 9, 2023; and Thursday, November 16, 2023.
Paulette Mader, MSN – Senior Training and Consultation Specialist, Rutgers University, “Nurtured Heart Approach” and “ACE and the Neurobiology of Trauma”, “Wrap Around” and “CFT”
Kathryn Brohl – Author of Working with Traumatized Children – A Handbook for Healing, Third Edition and the accompanying Working with Traumatized Children, Companion Workbook that provides practical exercises that correspond to the chapters in the handbook.
Training Registration Fee: Organizational Member $265; Individual Member $290; Non-Member $315
Training CEUs: Member $25; Non-Member $35
Six (6) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for the three training sessions, provided through NASW – Washington State Chapter. Licensed Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Mental Health Counselors are eligible. Provider number is #1975-176. Participants must submit session evaluations and quizzes to receive CEUs.
Training Location: The training will be virtual using the Zoom platform. Training details and Zoom links will be emailed to registrants a few days prior to the training. Please be sure to check your Junk/Spam folders.