ICW Reporting Form
Guides BIA’s decision making.
The data collected:
- Identifies the number of American Indian and Alaska Native children that are removed from their homes and tribal communities;
- Helps BIA assess ICWA program effectiveness;
- Helps BIA formulate annual budget and
- program justification; and
- To monitor ICWA compliance;
What is the ICWA Report?
Tribes or Tribal organizations receiving grants under ICWA are
required to submit data on a quarterly and annual basis (25
Section on Tribal ICWA programs (Part A & Part B)
Tribes that receive ICWA funding Fill out Part A – Indian Child
Welfare Act (ICWA) data; and
Tribes that operate child protection programs fill out Part B –
Tribal Child Abuse and Neglect Data; Part B gathers data on
Tribes’ child protection programs.
The Regional Social Workers and the Office of Self Governance (OSG) are responsible for submitting the ICWA