The Safe Start Center, ABA Center on Children and the Law, and the Child and Family Policy Associates recently released a new resource, Victimization and Trauma Experienced by Children and Youth: Implications for Legal Advocates. In this resource, you’ll find:
- Information about the prevalence and impact of victimization and exposure to violence
- Practice tips for juvenile defenders, children’s attorneys and GALs, judges, and CASAs
- Explanations of traumatic stress symptoms and trauma-related assessments and treatmentsÂ
- Descriptions of promising local and state initiatives to address trauma
- Guidance on policy reforms and other considerations for trauma-informed advocacy
Please share this link with colleagues and look for our next resource on this topic, coming this fall, Identifying Polyvictimization and Trauma among Court-Involved Children and Youth: A Checklist and Resource Guide for Attorneys and Other Court Appointed Advocates.